All Bolars appear only in the 3rd TV season (YTV3).The Bolar Federation is based somewhat on the old Soviet Union. Particularly, the names of several characters are Slavic in sound. Most of the Bolars have light blue-grey skin, though those on Planet Berth have green skin.
Prime Minister Bemlayz (Prime Minister Bemlahze)Edit
Another power-hungry tyrant, Bemlayz enjoys verbally sparring with the leader of his chief military competition, Leader Desslok of Galman. Bemlayz is particularly opposed to worshippers of Queen Guardiana, since they pose a threat to his authority.
Brozof is the General Governor of planet Berth, the planet that has been under attack from Galman General Dagon's fleet. Welcoming the Star Force to a dinner reception, Brozof suggests an alliance of mutual protection and friendship... hoping to establish a Bolar presence in Earth space.
Captain Ram is the commander of the flagship of the Berth Fleet, Legendra, and a member of a green-skinned race incorporated into the Bolar Federation. His fleet is the only thing between General Dagon's forces and Berth. The Star Force befriends him and his crew, and escorts his damaged ship out of the war zone -- thus making themselves an enemy of Dagon.
The translators for the 3rd Season cut and chopped the original Japanese script so much that they really make it appear as if Ram is originally part of the Earth Defense Force. This is because they slice out a section of the battle at planet Berth and move it earlier into one of the first episodes. Make for some real confusion to the viewer!
Commander of the 8th Defense Fleet Strike Force.
Bemlayz's deputy officer and General Staff Officer on Bolar Prime.
Admiral of the Berth Support Fleet.
Bolar Home Planet Main Fleet Commander.oosely based on the Soviet Union, the Bolar Federation (ボラー連邦) is one of the two galactic superpowers at odds with the Gelman-Gamilas Empire. They hold 35% of the star systems on the opposite side of Orion Arm.
- Bemlarze (ベムラーゼ Bemurāze?) (v.a. Junpei Takiguchi): Prime Minister of the Bolar Federation.
- Gorsakov (ゴルサコフ Gorusakofu?) (v.a. Tesshō Genda)
- Balcom (バルコム Barukomu?) (v.a. Shōzō Iizuka)
- Harkins (ハーキンス Hākinsu?) (v.a. Masaru Tanaka)
- Governor-General Borroughs (ボローズ Borōzu?) (v.a. Masaru Ikeda)
- Levars (レバルス Rebarusu?) (v.a. Tomomichi Nishimura)
- Ram (ラム Ramu?): Captain of the Rajendra (v.a. Akira Kimura)Concurrently, Desslok and the last remaining units of the Gamilon fleet found and liberated their parent Planet Galman from the Bolar Empire. Their numbers restored, Desslok's forces quickly spread across the galaxy and fought against Bolar fleets wherever they were encountered.
Beyond the edge of the solar system, two fearsome empires have arisen, and in their struggle for territory, they have torn the galaxy in half. Unaware of this, Yamato is about to enter the fray between the mighty Galman Empire and the sinister Bolar Federation.
Yamato III first appeared on Japanese television in 1980 and later came to American screens as the third Star Blazers series in 1985. Because of limited exposure, this was long considered to be the "lost" series until it was revived for home video. Today, The Bolar Wars is viewed as an essential part of the quintessential anime saga.